Young People’s Guild
Goals and Objectives
Nii Jorn YPG strategic goal is to develop a Purpose Driven Youth with the objective to:
1. build the essence of understanding life’s purpose through the Holy spirit
2. Equip with social, academic and vocational skills to achieve life’s purpose
3. build group purpose through involving all youth members in its programs
4. Provide an enabling environment for learning from, and sharing with others.
The national PCG objective for YPG as stipulated in the constitution
- To promote the spiritual, moral and social well being of the Young Peoples of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana.
- To serve as a platform for its members to realize their potentials, opportunities and responsibilities within the church and the community;
- To develop the devotional life of its members;
- To promote the study of the Bible and the teaching of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana;
- To encourage the young people of the church to take full measurement of responsible in the Guild, the Church and the Nation as a whole;
- To promote the exchange of ideas and techniques of youth work among the youth of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana and Youth Organizations in other Sister Churches in Ghana and Abroad;
- To facilitate the gathering and dissemination of information about the Youth;
- Mobilize and empower members to undertake useful and viable economic ventures
- To inculcate members in making disciples of all nation.
- To engage in evangelism as well as promoting it among members with the view of winning more souls for Christ and into the Church.
How to Join
First point of joining is attending the guild’s meeting which comes off every Thursdays between 6:30pm and 8:30pm at the church Auditorium. It is in the meeting that one will be acknowledged and introduced into the guild, as well as providing a card which proves membership. The group is for persons between 18 and 30 years, who wish to fellowship with the group, participate in activities and adhere to all rules.
The Guild’s general meeting days are Thursdays between 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Executive meeting day : Mondays between 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
Programmes & Activities
The guilds programmes and activities touch on the many spiritual, social and academic needs of the youth. The activities are fashioned in the form of teachings, motivational talks, debates, symposiums etc. Also some of the activities allow for display of knowledge, experience and talent among the youth for the edification of members. Other activities are also done outdoors such as excursions, games, community development activities etc. In some situations some of the activities are jeered towards supporting other church groups and also ensuring that the church environment is clean.
The greetings and responses of the Guild are (i) YPG………………………………………………..Service all the way (ii) You…………………………………………………Practice Godliness
Motto: To know his will and to do it.
To know his will and to do it.
This is the purpose of the Y.P.G.
God be our help, and God bless our
Church under his banner.
May all youth unite.
Rally round his banner,
He bids us one and all.